Ray over at Who Is She has awarded me with the “Versatile Blogger Award”. This is the first award I’ve received for my blog and I’m chuffed to bits! Ive been a little late in posting this as I’ve been on holiday and what not but here it is 🙂
First up, the RULES of this award are to:
Say thank you and link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
Share seven things about yourself with your followers.
Pass this award along to seven blogs you’ve recently discovered and enjoy.
7 Things About Me
(I must say that although they may seem a little negative at times, they’re supposed to empowering as well!)
1. I have changed a lot over the past year or so. Ive become a lot more opinionated and I wont stand for being treated like rubbish like I used to. I think a lot of this is down to getting engaged to my fiance because I feel like I’m not alone, he’ll always have my back and support me not matter what. I would do the same for him too, he’s my world.
2. I’m not a very jealous person at all. That’s not because I don’t care, far from it. Its because I am always genuinely happy for people who deserve it. I hate it when people cant be happy for their friends and instead come out with sly comments or ask them questions to find out how much something cost so that they can bitch behind your back later, etc.
3. Speaking of which, I’m a REALLY big believer in Karma and doing to those as you would want done to you. The past comes back to haunt you and I’ve seen some horrific examples of this, examples which would be too awful to talk about on here. Funnily enough though, the said friend in point 2, has had an exceptionally bad run of luck in love over the past few years, being dumped several times and having her fiance finish with her after just a couple of weeks. Its an absolutely awful thing to have happened to her, no one should have to go through all that heartache, but I cant help but think that if she was nicer to other people then it might not have happened. Thinking something is one thing, saying it aloud is another. What goes around comes around and a “pretty” girl can be dumped just as quickly as a not so pretty one. People should be thankful for what they have and pleased for others who have things they dont.
4. I absolutely LOVE the soaps- ive watched Neighbours, Home and Away, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Eastenders since I can remember. I’m one of these people who almost believes that they’re real, quite sad I know! Growing up, I was never really into cartoons, I preferred things with real people in and the closest thing I got to cartoons or kids television was Tots TV and Wizadora, which aren’t cartoons at all really, they are have real people dressed up as characters.
5. I was bullied at school and I must admit that all of the name calling has left me a little bitter… it makes me feel good when I see people who used to call me names at school doing so badly and although that’s an awful thing to say, I just cant help it. I think its because despite everything people called me, I still wanted them to be my friend whereas now, I know what real friends are. That said, I would always wish those people well and would never want anyone to treat them the way they treated me, or to be called the names I was called in school.
6. I absolutely adore my family. I have quite a big family but I’m only really close to a few people in it. Those people are the absolute world to me and I don’t know what I would do without them. Particularly my cousin Lyanne who I love to the moon and back. She’s more like a big sister than a cousin and no one makes me laugh like she does. I love our little chats and our moments of madness!
7. I really hate it when people put their lives on Facebook- couples arguing on each others walls, suicidal status’, racist and homophobic comments (these make me sick!). I just don’t understand why people do it when EVERYONE can read what they’re writing. Some thoughts just need to be kept private. Once you put something out there you cant take it back and sometimes this needs to be remembered!
The Versatile Blogger Award
This is supposed to be the 7 blogs I have recently discovered and enjoy but to be honest, I don’t really find new blogs often, I tend to stick to the same trusted ones unless a new one comes along that fits my tastes perfectly. With that in mind, the 7 Blogs that I award ‘The Versatile Blogger’ Award to are (in no particular order):
Amy at Flaws and All – Amy’s blog is full of great reviews and I love the way she writes. We both started out blogging around the same time as each other and became friends through Twitter. Shes fab and has a great eye for products.
Tali at The Gloss Goss – I absolutely ADORE reading her blog, I could literally read it for hours and not get bored. I was a big fan of her YouTube videos which sadly aren’t around anymore but her blog is just fantastic.
Christina Marie at Christina Marie Says… – Christina’s blog is certainly versatile and I love her style. Her posts are mainly a mix of make up, fashion and reviews of both expensive brands like MAC and lower end priced brands like Elf. My favourite posts of hers though are the ones about Lush products. I’m a huge fan of Lush and she is too. I really trust her opinion on their products and enjoy reading her reviews. She’s even been featured in The Lush Times Online Newsletter!
Ellie at Coffee and Roses – Ellie writes really well, she has me hooked onto every word in her posts. She uses gorgeous images and her reviews are really thorough. I love a blog that has a good mix of general chat and product review and this is one of those.
Daisy at Daisy Loves Lipgloss – Again, another blog with the right mix of general chat and product reviews. Daisy also holds fantastic giveaways, I was even lucky enough to win one of them. She chooses and recommends lovely items and I have tried many new make up items as a result of reading her reviews.
Hannah at Away With The Fairies – Hannah’s blog is one which I have certainly discovered only recently, tonight in fact, as her Twitter came up on the ‘People You Should Follow’ bit and her blog was linked to it. I really like it already.
Victoria at VIP XO – Her eye for fashion is amazing. I LOVE this blog. So stylish, original and cool.
Are you a reader of any of these blogs?
Can you recommend any more to me?