At the start of every new year, I always like to overhaul my body care and make sure I’m keeping on top of my routine- shaving, exfoliating, moisturising; you know, the usual tasks that make us feel great when we do them. When being the operative word.
The one task that I always have to force myself to do is moisturising. It does take a little time and I hate having to wait around for creams to sink in when it is cold in my bedroom. However I’ve found that if I choose a fast absorbing cream, challenge myself to rub it in as quick as I can for the duration of a song and apply it just before I am going to bed so the heating has been on and I’m nice and toasty in my room anyway, then it really isn’t much of a chore at all and I really enjoy the benefits of having a well moisturised bod!
Here are some of the benefits I’ve found from moisturising my body daily:
- My skin FEELS soft, smooth and nourished and the drier areas are kept hydrated
- My skin LOOKS at its best and the true colour of my tan shows because its not being covered by a layer of dry dead skin (exfoliating helps with this a lot too, they go hand in hand)
- On the inside, I FEEL calmer, content and happy because I’ve taken a few minutes of essential me time to treat myself and take care of my skin.
- I SMELL absolutely fabulous! I love to choose body butters, oils and lotions that have a beautiful scent as I love to smell great. Using a moisturiser like this kills two birds with one stone!
- I SLEEP better as spending those minutes before bedtime relaxes me, ensures I’m away from my phone and the routine of applying the body cream at night tells my subconscious that its time to go to sleep now!
I’m sure there are more benefits to the body, perhaps with circulation or helping skin imperfections if using a product like Bio Oil, etc but these are the main ones that I notice regardless of what products I use. In short, when I keep up with moisturising, I feel great from the inside, out!
If you struggle to into the routine of moisturising daily, then why not treat yourself to a new body moisturiser? Patisserie De Bain by Rose & Company have released a gorgeous range of hand and body lotions, all in delicious scents.
If you love kitsch or vintage style packaging then the Patisserie De Bain range is sure to float your boat! These bottles look so cute on a girly dressing table.
They are quite strongly scented and do smell a little artificial, especially the cherry variety, but there’s no doubting that they smell delicious. The Sugared Violet in particular reminds me of my childhood as it smells just like Parma Violet sweeties… now there’s a throwback! The scent lingers on the skin and make me smile whenever I smell it! This one is definitely my favourite although they all perform equally as well.
These body lotions smooth onto the skin with very minimal effort and dry relatively quickly. They don’t irritate my skin, make it feel greasy or leave a film on it. My skin feels soft, supple and lightly hydrated after each use which makes them great for applying daily or every other day if I’m using Bio Oil at the time (which is most of the time!), as I’ll use that on every other day too.
The Patisserie De Bain Hand and Body Lotions are very affordably priced at less than £5 each for a 200ml bottle and a little goes a long way. They are available online on the Rose & Company website as well as on Superdrug where they have some fantastic money off deals, at the time of writing of course!
SHOP THE POST
Do you struggle to know the difference between body moisturisers? Do you moisturise your body regularly? Which of the three Patisserie De Bain Body Lotions scents do you think you would like the most?