When so many of us are living our lives through Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook, its easy to compare how we look to how others appear. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and regardless of what is pretty to you, there’ll always be so many beautiful people online that meet or exceed that.
With filters, photoshopping apps, angles and lighting, even the everyday girl on the street can look like a completely different person online without the help of an expert tog to edit the photo. The same can be said for lifestyle; social media is a very selected edit of the highlights of someones life and no one really knows what is truly going on behind the lens. The individual could be going through absolute hell and no one would be any the wiser.
I see so many women supporting other women and telling them how gorgeous they look or how what they’re doing looks so cool but I also see so many hateful comments too.
The vast majority of the time, these seem to stem from jealousy and that jealousy usually comes from comparison.
Comparison is the thief of joy.
If you’ve ever had an attack of the green eyed monster, I’d suggest trying to focus on you and your own life. Making yourself happy for you is so important; don’t do it for the approval of others.
If you feel great in what you’re wearing, who you’re surrounding yourself with and what you’re doing then you’ll be far happier than you’ll ever be comparing yourself to others.
Even when times get tough, theres always happiness to be found in the little things, everyday.
Happy girls are the prettiest.
When you’re happy, you’re at your most beautiful, you don’t care what others think of you and you have a beaming smile that will beat any Snapchat filter.
Today, I thought I’d share with you 10 of the simple, everyday things that I find bring me happiness.
1. Fresh bedding– there’s nothing better than climbing into a freshly made bed after a long day at work.
2. Waking up with the sunshine– it never fails to perk me up in the mornings.
3. Compliments– paying someone a random compliment makes me feel so happy, plus it can make someone else’s day too! Its far more important to be nice in life than to point out what you see someones fault to be.
4. Finding money– I love it when I go to use a clutch bag and I find a stray fiver in the zipped compartment, left over from a previous night out.
5. Spooning– snuggling up in front of a good film. I’m the little spoon.
6. Coming home– after a long day, returning home and feeling that sense of instant relaxation is so comforting.
7. A new outfit– pulling on a new outfit always puts a smile on my face, especially when its as beautiful as the Coral Bardot Swing Top from Yours Clothing.
Worn over white jeans or alone as a dress if you size up like I did, the bright coral shade is fun, flirty and perfect for the summer months and holidays.
Bardot styles have been my absolute favourite to wear all year long; I love the exposed shoulder look, there’s something subtly sexy about it!
8. Dance like no ones watching– putting on a track that I love and dancing around my room like no ones watching certainly puts a spring in my step. Whitney Houston’s I Wanna Dance With Somebody is my classic jam right no!
9. Clean & tidy environment– keeping everything in my life as clean and tidy as I can really helps me to maintain being happy because it keeps my stress and anxiety levels low.
If my car, home or even my handbag is full of rubbish or unorganised, it really irritates me!
10. Girl time– surrounding myself with positive people who lift me up, gives me something to look forward to and puts a smile on my face. Spending your free time than laughing with your girls is one sure way to make yourself happy.
There’s always something that can make you feel happiness each day and when you’re happy you have no time for comparison!
What brings you happiness?