Working out to reach your fitness goals can often seem boring to many people, especially if you are doing the same exercises day in and day out. It can be tough finding new motivation to continue with your workouts when it feels like they’re not making a difference or that you’re not enjoying what you’re doing. This article will share some simple ways of keeping yourself entertained and motivated while getting in shape.
Use A Trampoline
A trampoline is a great way to get in shape while having fun. It is a low-impact exercise that is easy on the joints, and it is a good workout for the entire body. Trampolining also helps improve balance and coordination. Also, as the folks at Trampoline Hacks explain, when buying a trampoline for your workouts keep in mind the material, safety, and correct size. For the material of the trampoline, you’ll want one made of heavy-duty vinyl to ensure safety. The springs should also be covered with a pad for extra protection. As for size, get the largest one that will fit in your backyard or garage.
Here’s how to workout with a trampoline properly:
- Warm-up with light cardio.
- Do some flips to warm up your muscles and joints, then do 10 reps of somersaults, tucks, twists, etc.
- Now that you’re warmed up, take a break before working on your abdominal muscles using the trampoline. Do 20 crunches/sit-ups while bouncing.
- To tone your legs, do 60 skips with one leg. Then, change legs and do 60 more skips on the other side.
- Finally, finish off with calf raises for a total body workout.
Listen To Music
One of the best things about working out is that you can listen to your favourite music while doing so. This will help keep you entertained and motivated. Listening to music has many benefits, including reducing stress and anxiety levels, improving moods, and reducing the perception of exertion. It can also help improve heart rate variability, which is a measure of fitness level.
When choosing music for your workouts, look for songs that have a good beat to them. You’ll want songs that will make you want to dance or run around. The best type of music of this includes:
- Pop. Pop music is upbeat and has a good rhythm. It is perfect for motivating you to move.
- Dance music. Dance music is another type of music that has a good beat and will make you want to move.
- Rock music. Rock music is another type of music that is great for working out. It is energetic and will keep you entertained. It is also good for training as it can increase your speed, strength, and power.
- Hip-hop music. Hip-hop tends to be more of a leisure activity, but if you listen to it while working out you’ll find that it helps make workouts go by faster. It’s an excellent way to break up the monotony of your routine.
Use A Fitness Tracker
A fitness tracker is a great way to keep track of your progress and see how far you have come. Many fitness trackers come with features that help you stay entertained and motivated while working out. For example, the Fitbit Charge 2 has a feature called “Workout Mode” that allows you to track your progress while working out to stay motivated. It also has a “Relax” feature that helps you find moments of calm throughout the day.
Other fitness trackers come with entertainment features as well. The Apple Watch, for example, has a “Workout” app that allows you to control your music, see real-time stats, and track your progress. It also has an “Activity” app that encourages you to be more active by awarding you with badges for completing various goals.
Find A Workout Partner
Having a workout partner will increase your motivation. You’ll have someone to push you to work harder and get better results. It also helps reduce the risk of injury, because having someone else around prevents you from doing things like overtraining or exercising too intensely. Working out with someone is also more fun than working out by yourself, which can help keep you entertained.
Making a list of potential workout partners can help you find someone to train with. Also, try posting on social media asking people if they want to work out with you. You may also be able to find a partner at the gym.
Reward Yourself For A Job Well Done
Rewarding yourself after achieving your goals is a great way to stay motivated and keep yourself entertained. Everyone likes to be rewarded for their hard work, so set up rewards that help you stay motivated. These can include things like smaller versions of your goal (if you want to lose 40 pounds, reward yourself with a new book or clothing item once you lose 10 pounds) or splurge on a nice dinner or a night out with your friends.
Staying entertained and motivated while reaching your fitness goals can be hard, but it is definitely possible. By using a trampoline, listening to music, using a fitness tracker, and finding a workout partner, you’ll find that working out becomes more enjoyable and easier to stick to. Also, reward yourself for a job well done and you’ll be sure to stay on track!