If there’s one thing you need to have in your handbag or travel bag for your skin, its a multi-purpose balm. The kind of product that does it all in the nourishing stakes, that doesn’t take up much room and that you can use more or less anywhere; on dry lips and skin, as a cosmetic finish or on nails and cuticles.
Sounds like the product you all need doesn’t it?
Then look no further than the Miracle Balm from Purple Tree!
Made in the UK, the Purple Tree Miracle Balm is a multi-purpose skin balm that contains naturally derived ingredients chosen for their multiple skincare benefits on any skin type.
Each balm is vegan-friendly, cruelty free and suitable for all skin types which is great as they can be used all over the face and body. They aren’t greasy but leave the skin with a slight glossy appearance that feels intensely nourished. Once they’ve absorbed, the skin has a healthy sheen to it and feels really soft.
Here are some of its most common uses:
- LIPS: to nourish, especially lips that are dry, chapped or cracked, leave a subtle sheen and a fruity taste. Also great for applying over the top of a matte lipstick to give it a more of a glossy look.
- DRY AREAS: to moisturise dry hands, nails, knees, heels and elbows, or wherever else you feel you need it
- CUTICLES: massaged in for hydrated nails, these balms have your cuticles looking perfected and help to stop them from splitting as I’ve found from applying them to my boyfriends cuticles
- HAIR: taming flyaway hairs on pulled back styles, adding a nourishing sheen to the ends of the hair and smoothing unruly eyebrows.
- MAKEUP: use as a primer for skin thats in need of serious hydration or before applying a drying, matte lipstick, elongate the appearance of your lashes by smoothing a little through the ends of your eyelashes or tap lightly onto the cheek bones, brow bone, cupids bow and tip of the nose for a highlighted effect or used on the eyelids for a glossy, high fashion model look.
|Purple Tree Miracle Balm when first applied|
If you’re already a fan of this multi use product, then you’ll know that there are five original varieties; aloe, coconut, papaya, shea butter and pomegranate. However now Purple Tree have extended the original line-up of Miracle Balms with the release of six new beauty balms in colourful packaging and fresh and fruity flavours for spring/summer 2018; watermelon, peach, blueberry (my fave!), vanilla and grapefruit as well as the signature miracle balm.
I’ve been trying out the blueberry, vanilla and grapefruit scents and have found that while there are slight variations between the formulas, they do essentially, have the same use and do the same thing so I’d suggest starting off with the scent that appeals to you the most.
- BLUEBERRY: these fruits are packed full of anti-oxidants and the blueberry seed oil is included within this balm to protect the skin and prevent irritation and to moisturise and relieve skin that is dry.
- VANILLA: uses authentic vanilla bean extract which has been used in skin products for centuries thanks to its antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.
- GRAPEFRUIT: contains the natural extract of grapefruit, a source of Vitamin A and C, to soothe and revive dry lips and skin.
- PEACH: the kernel oil from peaches is rich in vitamins and antioxidants which soften, relieve, moisturise and repair.
- WATERMELON: being made from 92% water, this fruit is perfect at hydrating the body be it through eating or drinking it and now also by applying it as skincare. It soothes, refreshes and moisturises dry skin and since I love anything and everything watermelon, its the one I’ll be ordering when I run out!
- SIGNATURE: this variation is inspired by the purple flowers from the Jacaranda Tree which are known to have anti-inflammatory properties, making them a great ingredient for soothing and reducing irritation. This balm, also contains sweet almond oil which is amazing at hydrating the skin.
Not only are they pocket sized at 25ml, or small handbag sized in my case, but they’re also really affordable at only £3.99 so with so many benefits at such a small cost, I really think these balms are a must buy for your handbag, car or makeup bag. They’re a travel essential too whether its on your daily commute or a flight around the world on your next holiday.
Pin this review for later!
Which Miracle Balm would you choose? Where would you use it the most?